- 3 Turnips peeled, cut in 1/2 inch batons (or cubes)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic peeled, minced
- 5 Sage Leaves chopped fine
- 3 Rosemary stalks chopped fine
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Lemon zest minced
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
Method of Prep:
- Set oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, toss together all ingredients and spread out on parchment-lined sheet pan. Be careful not to pile turnip batons/ cubes on top of each other, otherwise you won’t get any caramelization (which helps to sooth the bitterness of this vegetable). Lay as flat as possible. Use two sheet pans if need be.
- Turn every 15 minutes or so to help the turnip cook evenly.
- When turnip is fork tender (a fork meets no resistance when sticking into the turnip in this case) they are done. Remove from the oven and turn onto a serving platter or bowl.
*You can also use other starchy vegetables with this preparation like rutabega, some squashes/ pumpkins, potatoes, etc.